Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snow and a two wheel drive

New Years day came and the boys and I decided to head out to get some action in the snow.  Mason has never really hada chance to play in the cold white stuff, and Kaden had little time before.  I watched the news for a week hoping to find somewhere close and saw that the Oracle area had good amounts of snow.  I was going to head up to the view areas of Mount Lemmon, but found the roads closed due to ice.

A trail off the Mount Lemmon access road offered good snowball ammo.

Kaden caps Mason with a nice one.

View up the trail towards the mountain.


So after finding a nice spot for snowball chucking, we headed further up the road to find some open areas to find some deer out sunning.  I drove up the road and pulled off the side a little bit to allow others comming up the mountain to get by.  That was my second mistake, my first you may ask?  Taking a 2 wheel drive to the snow along an icy, snow covered and muddy road.  I was doing ok until I pulled off to get out, then slid into the ditch.


The boys laughing as they realize daddy is stuck.  Thanks boys!

(Meltis-Weticus-Ballitus) Arizona southern desert snowman.

Catalina Mountain foothills.


Deer were here not to long ago, as well as a mountain lion tracks.

Mason was happy he had a warm hat to wear.

Looking towards San Manuel.

Question: What makes a man want to ride a bike in the cold?  Can you say shrinkage?!

No comments:

Post a Comment